Griffin Hospital's board of directors, leadership team, medical staff, and corporators work together to ensure that our Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care permeates our organization on every level. By putting patients first, we have been able to achieve and sustain our high level of clinical performance and patient satisfaction, which has distinguished Griffin Hospital at both a local and national level.
Griffin Hospital is dedicated to improving the health of our community, the quality of life and well being of residents. By providing leadership and resources that benefit our community, Griffin Hospital has and will continue to make the Lower Naugatuck Valley a better place in which to live, work, raise a family and enjoy life.
- To provide personalized, humanistic, consumer-driven healthcare in a healing environment.
- To empower individuals to be actively involved in decisions affecting their care and well-being through access to information and education.
- To provide leadership to improve the health of the community served.
Quality and Service
- Providing access to information for patients, families and the community on the nature, diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions including the full range of traditional and non-traditional therapies.
- Facilitating patients to be informed participants in decisions affecting their care and well- being.
- Exceeding the service expectations of patients, families, physicians and other health care providers.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting performance against service and quality standards bench-marked to the best community hospitals.
Respect and Dignity
- Embracing patients and families as partners in the care process.
- Treating all people with compassion.
- Attending to the mind and the spirit as well as the body.
- Preserving privacy and confidentiality.
- Valuing positive relationships among members of the Griffin Hospital family and fostering an environment of mutual respect and support.
- Building and sustaining collaborative working relationships within Griffin Hospital and between Griffin Hospital, other providers and community agencies.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Encouraging and recognizing performance leading to the development of "value added" programs and services and improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Achieving high productivity by efficient use of resources including people's time.
- Remaining true to the mission by allocating resources to purposes directly supportive of the mission.
- Being accountable for use of resources at all levels of the organization.