Griffin Hospital School of Allied Health Careers now offers an Accelerated Certified Nursing Assistant Program. With a total of 104 hours, you can become a state-certified CNA in just five weeks!
- Day and evening classes will be available based on enrollment and interest.
- Day classes are available and the first four weeks of the program will be with classroom education and skills Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The final (5th) week will include clinical experience at an extended care facility and Griffin Hospital, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for the required 40 hours for CNA certification completion.
- Course content includes infection control, legal and ethical responsibilities, communications, body mechanics, moving and positioning residents, personal care skills, nutrition, measuring vital signs, and restorative care.
- Successful completion of the course and clinical experience qualifies a student to take the state exam for certification as a Nursing Assistant in Connecticut.
- Tuition includes the course book, Heart Saver CPR class, and malpractice insurance coverage for clinical rotations.
- Anyone 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or GED may apply for admission.