The Joint Replacement Center at Griffin Hospital offers a focused approach to hip and knee replacement. Like all programs at Griffin Hospital, the Joint Replacement Center incorporates the Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care with a goal to involve and empower the patient in his or her treatment.
The Joint Replacement Program at Griffin Hospital features:
- A dedicated care team of physicians, nurses, patient care technicians, care managers, and physical therapists specializing in joint replacement.
- A patient education program and comprehensive Guide Book, taking you from preoperative preparation to postoperative care.
- A Care Partner Program to prepare your family and friends to be participants during your recovery.
- An emphasis on group activities as well as individual care.
- A coordinated after-care program.
Patient Education is a key component of our joint replacement program. Before surgery, you will be given a Guide Book taking you through each step of the process and your care team will review every detail with you from preoperative education to postoperative exercise.
Recovery time is different for everyone and largely depends on your physical condition prior to surgery and your activities after surgery. Total Joint Replacement patients generally recover quickly with a typical hospital stay of three to four days. Our rapid recovery process allows most patients to return to their typical activities in just six to eight weeks. Your care team will provide you and your Care Partner with the support you need to achieve a full and rapid recovery.
Valley Orthopaedic Specialists
Our orthopaedic surgeons are specially trained to use an innovative, less invasive prosthesis to help knee and hip replacement patients make a quick recovery and return to daily activities. You can learn more about our orthopaedic surgeons on the Valley Orthopaedic Specialists Web site.