During the month of April (oral head and neck cancer month) Griffin Hospital will offer free oral, head and neck cancer screenings at the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital, 350 Seymour Ave., Derby.
These free oral, head and neck screenings aim to catch cancers that arise in the nasal cavity, sinuses, lips, mouth, thyroid glands, salivary glands, throat or larynx (voice box) at an early, and treatable stage.
Symptoms associated with oral cancer, include:
- A sore in your mouth that doesn't heal or that increases in size
- Persistent pain in your mouth
- Lumps or white or red patches inside your mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing or moving your tongue
- Soreness in your throat or feeling that something is caught in your throat
- Changes in your voice
- A lump in your neck
If you have any of these warning signs, do not wait for the free screenings. Contact your physician or call the Center for Cancer Care at Griffin Hospital at 203.732.1260.
Space for the free screenings is limited, so early registration is encouraged. To register, call 203.732.1280.