The devotion and consistent support of our annual donors make many of Griffin Hospital's accomplishments possible. Annual gifts can be designated for current use - to be used where the money is needed most, for example, a hospital program discretionary fund. Or, you can choose to support an endowment fund where your gift will be invested and will provide a return to the Hospital in perpetuity.
Annual gifts strengthen hospital programs, enhance our health resource library and medical technologies, it helps attract the best clinical staff, helps maintain a healing environment, or funds an important capital project. In short, the Annual Fund increases the quality and reputation of Griffin Hospital - therefore, all patients and staff, past and present, have benefited from the Annual Fund.
One of the reasons that your participation is so important is that when foundations and corporations are deciding whether to award Griffin grants, they look at the number of patients, physicians, community members and staff who contribute to the Annual Fund as a factor to help them make their decisions. So your modest gift translates into helping Griffin receive of thousands of dollars!
Your participation counts! Every gift shows that you care enough to support the Hospital and its programs. You can make your annual gift in the following ways:
- Pick up the telephone: Call 203-732-7504
- Mail a check to:
The Griffin Hospital Development Fund
130 Division Street
Derby, CT 06418
Does your company participate in an employee matching gifts program? Some employers even match retirees. You could double or even triple your gift to Griffin Hospital.
Both individual and matching gifts count toward the recognition level for the year. Membership in Griffin's Giving Societies is open to all individuals. Membership is based on gifts made to the Annual Fund during the Hospital's fiscal year, October 1 through September 30, and is renewable each year.
The Chairman's Council of Griffin Hospitals Annual Fund
Membership in Griffin's Giving Societies is open to all individuals. Membership is based on gifts made to the Annual Fund during the Hospital's fiscal year, October 1 through September 30, and is renewable each year. Both individual and matching gifts count toward the recognition level for the year.
The Chairman's Council is comprised of the following levels:
Guardians - gifts of $500-$999
- Subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Healthy Connections
- Email notice of special events, lectures, and courses taking place at Griffin (with submission of donor email address)
Members - gifts of $1,000 to $4,999 All privileges as listed above, plus
- Invitation to participate in a special Donor Planetree Orientation, providing our supporters with an insiders view into what is truly unique about Griffin Hospitals special style of patient-centered care, including how we train our staff to truly put patients first.
- A Planetree lapel pin
- Reception honoring Griffin Hospitals most generous donors as well as members of the George Griffin Legacy Society and the Lifetime Giving Society.
Patrons - gifts of $5,000 to $9,999 - All privileges as listed above, plus
- Invitation to Griffin Hospitals Annual Meeting during which President and CEO Patrick Charmel presents the state of the hospital address
Founders - gifts of $10,000 or more - All privileges listed above plus
- Private reception with President and CEO Patrick Charmel and Chairman of the Board John W. Betkoski, III
- Complimentary signed copy of Putting Patients First, co-authored and edited by Patrick Charmel and Susan Frampton, which was awarded the Healthcare Book of the Year in 2004 by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
Lifetime Giving Society: For those who have reached $100,000 or more in donations - All privileges listed above plus
- Shadow Griffins Stars Ever wonder what its like to work in a hospital? Heres an opportunity to shadow some of Griffins top caregivers and staff for one day in the hospital.
- Special pin honoring Lifetime Society members.
- Personal liaison service: Consider the development staff your contacts at the hospital for information or assistance with any hospital-related questions
Sustainers: Honoring those who have made donations to Griffin Hospital for five consecutive years
- Special listing in our print and on-line honor rolls of donors
- Opportunity to attend Griffin Hospitals Annual Meeting, featuring a presentation on the newest advancements taking place at Griffin Hospital
George Griffin Legacy Society: Honoring those who have made a provision for Griffin Hospital in their estate plans.
- Advance copies of Griffin Hospitals newsletter, Healthy Connections.
- Invitations to our annual event recognizing the hospitals most generous donors and its Legacy Society members.
- A George Griffin Legacy Society pin.
- And last but not least, personal liaison service: Consider the development staff your contacts at the hospital for information or assistance with any hospital-related questions.
A special benefit for NEW donors to Griffin Hospital:
Griffin is pleased to welcome all those who are making their very first gift to Griffin Hospitals Annual Fund in this year. As a special thank you to our newest supporters, we invite you to attend a New Donor Tour and Reception. Well lead you behind the scenes at Griffin where you will learn about our newest developments and services, and you will have a chance to meet some of our staff and leadership.