Only you know your personal values and beliefs when it comes to medical care. Griffin Hospital offers valuable Advance Care Planning support to help you ensure your wishes for end-of-life decisions are understood, respected, and honored by loved ones and healthcare providers.
To help you get started, below is a list of questions to think about as you start the Advance Care Planning process. Think about or write down responses to these questions before:
- What do I know and feel about my health situation today?
- What complications might I experience from my current health condition?
- Is it important for me to be independent and self-sufficient in my life?
- What are my thoughts about illness, disability, dying and death?
- How do I feel about donating my organs?
- How do I feel about giving my body as an anatomical gift for research?
- How do my personal relationships affect medical decision-making?
- What role do I wish my physicians and others to play in medical decision-making?
- What kind of living environment is important to me?
- What role do religious, spiritual, ethnic or cultural beliefs play in my life?
- What are my thoughts about life in general, that is, my hopes and fears, enjoyments and sorrows?
Advance Care Planning, once you make the decision to put your plan together, is easy and it's free. Get started now by calling 203-732-1255 or email us at email@example.com so we can put you in touch with a representative from Griffin Hospital who can guide you in your decision making. Together, you can discuss options, review your decisions, and formulate a plan.