Important Information for Former Stone Academy Students
We hope this message finds you well. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the challenges of the Stone Academy closure and are thrilled to now have the opportunity to discuss the fulfilling pathways available to you within the Griffin Hospital School of Allied Health Careers Practical Nursing (PN) Program!
To help you understand the different ways you can join our PN Program, we are hosting virtual information sessions to explain pathways available to you and address any questions you may have about the application process.
Join Us at One of these Practical Nursing Program Information Sessions
- August 31 at 10 a.m. – Click here to join at the time of this session
- September 7 at 12 p.m. – Click here to join at the time of this session
- September 7 at 4:30 p.m. – Click here to join at the time of this session
During these information sessions, we will discuss the following pathways available to you to join our PN Program:
- Teachout Plan*:This pathway recognizes your academic excellence and provides you with the opportunity to complete your educational journey. We will provide insights into the Teachout plan, its benefits, and the steps required to secure your spot. Please note that participation in this pathway is contingent upon your receipt of the official Office of Higher Education approval letter.
- Transfer Cohort*: This cohort recognizes that your outstanding performance has earned eligibility for transfer credits in select courses. We’ll explain the courses eligible for transfer and guide you through the process.
- Transfer + Test Out Cohort*:This cohort presents the option to transfer in courses and receive credits for specific courses by testing out of them. We’ll discuss the test-out process and how it can contribute to your academic journey.
- New Student Pathway:Experience our unparalleled PN Program from the beginning, allowing you to build a strong foundation for your nursing career.
*Applicants must submit an official transcript from The Connecticut Office of Higher Education (OHE) to qualify for pathways 1, 2 and 3.
Our goal is to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision that aligns with your aspirations and goals. Whether you’re eager to excel in the Teachout Plan, explore the Transfer Cohort, or take advantage of the Transfer + Test Out Cohort, we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
We are excited to share these pathways to career success with you and look forward to assisting you in making the best choice for your nursing education. Your commitment to your studies and your passion for nursing are truly inspiring, and we believe you will thrive in our program.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at 203-732-7147, or PNprogram@griffinhealth.org. We’re here to support you throughout this process.
Admissions Team at The Griffin Hospital School of Allied Health Careers