The Eno Fund
Applicant must be a worthy Protestant woman over 60 years old and reside in the town of Ansonia, Derby, or Seymour.
Available to indigent patients of Griffin Hospital who reside in the City of Ansonia.
DN Clark Fund
Available to Shelton residents proving financial hardship.
Policy & Procedure
- Griffin Hospital has published a Free Bed Pamphlet that is located in all Patient Registration work stations. The pamphlet is available in both English and Spanish.
- The Free Bed Pamphlet is available to all patients admitted to or registered at Griffin Hospital.
- The pamphlet identifies the patients to whom the Griffin Hospital Free Bed Funds apply and the criteria for qualifying for the funds.
- To apply for Free Bed Funds, the patient will meet with the hospital Financial Advisor to complete the Free Bed Fund Application.
- All patients who are seen by the Financial Advisors are required to sign off on the Free Care/Free Bed Informational Letter (available upon request).
- The Collection Supervisor will maintain a monthly log of the total patients presented with the Free Bed Fund letter to provide documentation of Griffin compliance with the provisions of Public Act 03-266.
- A monthly report will be maintained for each Free Bed Fund by the Collection Supervisor. The month end report will identify the following:
- Total patients who applied for the Free Bed Fund
- Determination of the Free Bed Fund application process
- Total dollar amount applied toward each of the Free Bed Funds
- Total balance remaining in each Free Bed Fund
- A quarterly update of the status of all Free Bed Funds will be provided to the Vice President, Finance.