Griffin Health Services firmly believes that understanding the reimbursement for medical services and procedures allows our patients and their caregivers to make more informed decisions about their healthcare.
Griffin Hospital has engaged a third party to assist in coordinating its adoption of 45 CFR Part 180, CMS-1717-FW, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services hospital price transparency rule (the “Rule”) requiring certain health providers disclose their pricing to patients for a number of standard provider service offerings.
As there are many factors that affect the reimbursement of care – including benefit plans designs and discounts, as well as the nature of services provided, based on each patient’s unique needs, it is possible that the amount reimbursed by an insurer for a procedure varies from the listed reimbursement.
This information contained on this Webpage and the Price Estimator Tool (the link included below) is the Hospital’s attempt to provide meaningful information to the patient. The amounts included on the price estimate are the expected reimbursement to the HOSPITAL from your insurance company and could be different after your healthcare service are finally rendered. This amount does not include ANY PHYSICIAN OR PROFESSIONAL FEES. The best way to confirm the amount that the insurer will pay the HOSPITAL and your corresponding responsibility is to contact your insurance company directly either by phone or their website. If you have any other questions or need assistance with your service pricing or you are unsure of the procedure(s) please call the Business Office at (203) 732-1510.
The self pay rate represents the maximum charge for a patient that is not applying for financial assistance or receiving any other discounts. If a you need a financial assistance or a potential discount in the self-pay rate, please see our financial assistance webpage located here.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Griffin Hospital or its vendors, subsidies, supplier or other third parties it is working with be liable for any direct, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or other damages whatsoever arising our out of or in any way related to any claim regarding (i) the Price Estimator Tool (ii) the data displayed on the website, or (III) any other claim related to a service price estimate whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liabilities or otherwise.
Griffin Hospital is not responsible for inaccuracies due to incomplete or incorrect information entered into the website. By accessing the link below, you acknowledge:
- You have read the above statement, and understand that there are many factors which impact the cost of care.
- You understand that a single charge may not represent a complete medical service.
- You understand that multiple components may be necessary for a complete service (e.g. procedure(s), supplies, and drugs) that are unknown at this time and may not be included in the estimate.
- You understand that the Price Estimator includes hospital services only and does not include professional fees and other fees.
- You understand that Griffin Health provides estimates of charges for hospital services and that you should speak with the Griffin Hospital Business Office for an estimate of charges for a specific service based on my individual circumstances.
- You understand that Griffin Health is not liable if the costs associated with my care exceed the estimate.
- You understand that the charges outlined are not meant to be an advertisement for health care services.
- You recognize that this information does not represent any binding agreement or obligation between parties but is intended to be used for informational purposes only.
This information contained on the Price Estimator Tool (the link included below) is based on information as of January 1, 2021
I acknowledge the above and want to access the Price Estimator Tool
View our list of standard Hospital charges and negotiated rates