Join our November Prize Calendar contest!
Each day in November a winner will be pulled – so many chances to win some amazing items!
Purchase tickets at: https://novemberprizes.givesmart.com
What is The Valley Goes Pink?
The Valley Goes Pink is an annual, grassroots, community-wide effort of fundraising events and programs that take place throughout the year to:
- create awareness about breast cancer and the importance of early detection
- support the Hewitt Center for Breast Wellness at Griffin Hospital, and
- showcase partnering organizations
- all at the same time!
Help us make this year’s Valley Goes PINK the best yet! From hosting Pink Parties in homes, to “pinkifying” businesses with ribbons or lights, or hosting dress down days and auctions – the possibilities are endless – and you can help by planning or attending one or more of these fun happenings!
See our list of upcoming 2021 activities below:
October 23, 2021
Pink Yoga with Kimmarie
We look forward to gathering again in-person for our popular events in the Spring.
Follow us on Facebook for more event updates and Valley Goes Pink happenings.
Also, when you purchase items through Amazon, be sure to go through smile.amazon.com. When you do, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Valley Goes Pink with choosing Griffin Hospital as your charity of choice.
Can’t make any of the above events? Create your own!
Here are some creative ways you can “Go Pink:”
- Schools – Involvement in The Valley Goes Pink can be an empowering learning experience for everyone! “Pink-Up your sports team, decorate the school in pink, or create your own!
- Corporations – Host a pot luck lunch at work and collect contributions at the door, organize a company-wide auction or host a “dress down” day or “dress in pink day.”
- Restaurants – Designate a special drink or dish and donate the sales for a day, week, or month.
- Libraries and Bookstores – Curate a series of programs, displays, or reading selections centering on breast cancer awareness and survivorship. Feature art by survivors in your gallery or host survivors and physicians to speak about their experience.
- Clubs and Organizations – Pass the hat at your next club meeting, feature a Hewitt Center for Breast Wellness speaker, or organize the membership to create their own fundraising event.
- Municipalities – Government can get into the “Spirit of Pink” by decorating town greens and offices with pink ribbons, illuminating town buildings with pink lighting, and issuing proclamations for “Pink Month.” All activities serve to promote downtown merchants and strengthen community pride.
Help support The Valley Goes Pink