Griffin Hospital is committed to providing patients with access to high-quality, coordinated care in order to maintain health and functioning, while at the same time helping to control healthcare costs and help adults continue living independently in their own homes.
That's why we offer the Live Well Chronic Disease & Diabetes Self-Management workshops.
Live Well workshops are free programs for individuals living with chronic conditions to help them develop confidence in their abilities to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives. The workshops are offered as six-week sessions meeting once each week for two-and-a half hours. The program offers lifestyle tips, health information, and strategies to help those with chronic conditions including, but not limited to, diabetes, arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, sickle cell, pain, and depression.
Workshop Participants Will Learn
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- How to communicate effectively with family, friends, and health care professionals
- Nutrition information
- How to evaluate new treatments
Workshops are held at Griffin Hospital and in locations throughout our community.
The Live Well Self-Management workshops are sponsored by the Connecticut State Department on Aging, Connecticut Department of Public Health, and Griffin Hospital.
Call 203-732-1523 for more information