Griffin Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient
treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing,
or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of
these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all
extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf,
hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please inform the Griffin Hospital representative with whom you are working. For further information about our policies, or if Griffin Health has failed to provide these or discriminated in another way, please contact:
130 Division Street
Derby, CT 06418
Attn: Lisa Kechijian, Section 1557 Coordinator
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)