Who should attend Pulmonary Rehab?
Our program is designed for those living with chronic lung diseases whose symptoms are compromising their quality of life and well-being. Examples include:
- COPD, Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Lung Cancer
What can I expect?
Our Pulmonary Rehab team will develop an individualized, sixteen-week program tailored to meet your specific needs by providing you with exercise training and comprehensive education on a variety of topics.
- Small group weekly education session
- One (1) hour of individually-prescribed exercise during each session
Your response and progress will be closely monitored by either a Respiratory Therapist or Exercise Physiologist.
We will use a variety of exercise equipment during your program:
- Stationary bikes
- Rowing machines
- Stair-climbing machines
- Free weights
Group educational sessions may include:
- Proper breathing techniques
- Proper medication use and technique
- Nutrition Counseling
- Relaxation and stress management skills
- Energy conservation strategies
- Safe oxygen use
What are the benefits of Pulmonary Rehab?
You may experience the following as a result of participating in Pulmonary Rehab:
- Decreased symptoms and shortness of breath
- Improved quality of life
- Improved exercise tolerance
- Increased independence
- Less use of oxygen and medication
To get started with Phase II, speak to your pulmonologist, or call us directly at 203-732-7106. Your physician will need to complete a referral form.
Program Referral Form